Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Makeup Highlights of 2012 TAG!


Thank you to the lovely WheatenBeauty1 for tagging me! I decided to do this via a blog post since I wanted to include both makeup and skincare for my video version of 'Best of 2012'!

I tag:
InspiredMom824 (Jen)
BeautybyBritanie (Britanie)
TheFlaxenOwl (Hayley)
Pemberley Jones (Pemberley)
TheGreenBeautyBunny (Alex)
Pure_Makeup (Mary)
NaturallaBeauty (Caitie)
EcoBeautySecret (Vivi)
Starshine (Shoudra) 
BaileyBlush (Bailey)
TrueBeautybyNature


The 12 Questions of 2012:

1. Which makeup brand stood out to you most in 2012? Drugstore and High End
For "drugstore", I would say The All Natural Face. It's probably my favorite brand of the year - I love how affordable it is and all the choices! I was lucky enough to be able to take a tour of the physical store in MA in December and it was so much fun to see everything in person! I rarely try "high end" makeup, so I have no idea!


2. Best new discovery of 2012?

Hmm probably cream products. The All Natural Face cream blush, which is amazing for the winter, and cream eyeshadows from a bunch of different brands I've been testing. Look out for my 'Cream Shadow Showdown' series! A separate video reviewing each brand's cream eye shadows and a final video with my rankings and thoughts. Using cream eye shadow has made me LOVE doing my eye makeup every day!

3. Best re-discovery -- A product that you fall in love with over and over again?
Zuzu Luxe mascara in Navy - I used it in the beginning and end of the year and I think I will be using it for a LONG while yet. I love how natural it is, the color is perfect for every day, and making my lashes look amazing.


4. Best seasonal product 2012? Winter / Spring / Summer / Fall
I honestly don't switch up my makeup for the seasons, but for the winter and cold weather I will say the cream blushes from the ANF again. They make your skin look dewy and fresh without any powder/dry look! For summer (and all year round) I would say my Sobe Botanicals Oil Control Powder. Holy grail makeup product! 


5. Best and worst Limited Edition Collections in 2012? Drugstore and High End
Hmm I don't follow LE collections either, but I really am LOVING the color of the Ice Dance cream shadow by Pumpkin and Poppy for her winter collection called Ice Dance. It is the most amazing purple/blue/white shimmer cream shadow.


6. Most regretted purchase of 2012?

I really didn't buy much makeup in 2012 in general that was a toss-up, usually I just repurchase from companies I know I love. Most regretted purchase would probably be my Jane Iredale Active Light Concealer (my review link)

7. Youtube and beauty highlights 2012?

Youtube highlights would definitely be making and getting to know more amazing girls this year. Jen and ALL the amazing beauty bloggers I've met later in the year have made what I do SO much more fun. 
Beauty highlights would be that I started using (and LOVING) bronzer. I love that I can slim my face down with it. I think it really took just finding the right shade that wasn't too orange for me.

8. What is your favorite / best video on your own channel?

I am very proud of my 'Going Natural Doesn't Have to be Expensive' video and all of the helpful information in that video. All of my piercing updates this year have been quite eventful as well. Another one of my favorites was my Holiday Giveaway video for this year because I absolutely LOVED the responses I got.

9. Best recommendation of 2012 from someone else?

Jane Iredale Magic Mitt from Britanie. First impression video. Definitely a revolutionary 'tool' in terms of removing makeup. I'm obsessed!

10. Best makeup tool 2012?

Hmm. Probably the Sedona Lace thicker angled brush for bronzer!

11. What are the products you are excited to try in 2013?

MORE CREAM SHADOWS!! I'm very excited. Also more deodorants, different bronzer shades, and more mineral eye shadow!

12. Will you do a Makeup Collection in 2013, or an updated version?
I just did one about 2 weeks ago! Here is is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej4dVZBkGA0

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for tagging me! I'm going to have to try more ANF products this year. They are SO affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordered 2 cream blushes, pot foundation/concealer and primer from ANF, thanks to you! Can't wait to receive my order

    ReplyDelete