Tuesday, June 24, 2014

All Natural Skincare Routine - SD in "Remission"

Today I finally have an updated skincare routine!! 

My skin is/as:
Dry
Acne-Prone
Seborrheic Dermatitis

For those of you that don't know, I developed Seborrheic Dermatitis in May of last year, was diagnosed in July, and went completely Gluten Free in September. I have added quite a few supplements to my routine - Caprylic Acid, Probiotics, Calcium, more recently Zinc - and they play a huge role in keeping my dermatitis under control. I have been gluten free since then, and noticed my skin getting better around December, and now, in May, it is completely back to my normal, soft skintone. If you want to see the very minimal super natural products I used when I had dermatitis (great for extra sensitive skin) here is my video

*I find my skincare routine is great for cell regeneration/fast turnover time. My Dr. Sponge, the LBF oil, raw shea butter, and tea tree and lavender all help to make active breakouts leave faster, and they all help with any hyper-pigmentation left over. 
But now since my face is back to normal, I've been loving using new products since I was deprived of that all last year! 

Read below for my routine! For now - the quick list + prices:

 Reusable cotton pads - $10/30
George's Aloe Spray - $5
One Love Organics Morning Glory Serum - $29
La Bella Figura Barbary Fig Renewal Serum - $125
One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum - $68
Goddess Garden Body Sunscreen - $15
Organic Jojoba Oil - $9
Nourish Organics Cleanser - $15
Dr. Sponge Charcoal - $8.50
Mychelle Harmony Cleanser - $10
Farm to Girl Raw Shea Butter - $8.95
Acure Eye Cream - $16-19
Andalou Chia Seed Scrub - $12
Devita Mud Mask - $18-24
Osmia Spot Treatment - $20
Oh Sudz Drying Treatment- $7.95
Organic Tea Tree/Lavender Oil - $8.59

Morning:
In the morning, I wipe down my face with one of my reusable cotton pads sprayed with George's Aloe Spray. Then I apply some oil to lightly moisturize - I've been using my La Bella Figura Barbary Fig Renewal Serum lately. For sunscreen I've been using the Goddess Garden Body Sunscreen I got in my Vegan Cuts box. Then I follow with my One Love Organics Morning Glory Serum to prime my face - it makes an AMAZING makeup primer!

Night:
My nighttime routine is much more extensive. I take off my makeup with organic jojoba oil and one of my reusable cotton rounds. Then I will do a 2-step cleanse - first with a lathering cleanser, then with my cream cleanser. I'll either use some African Black Soap, or my Nourish Organics Cleanser (Review) if I'm in the shower. Then, I will put some of the Mychelle Harmony Cleanser on my Dr. Sponge Charcoal and cleanse with that for up to two minutes. I scrub my face every other day with my favorite Andalou Chia Seed Scrub, or if I want something a little more gentle (if I have a lot of active breakouts), then my Devita Gentle Aloe Scrub. (Review on both)

For a mask one or two times a week, I will use my Devita Cappuccino Mud Mask.

After I finish cleansing, I will spray with some George's Aloe and while my face is still almost dripping wet, I apply my La Bella Figura Barbary Fig Renewal Serum or the One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum. This ensures I use much less product than if my skin were dry, and applying an oil on damp skin allows the oil to lock in the moisture. After my face slightly dries, I will take a blueberry size amount of my Farm to Girl Raw Shea Butter, rub it between my hands until it melts, and press gently onto my face. 


I then apply my Acure Eye Cream that I've been using for about a month. It comes in a huge bottle, but you only need the tiniest amount. It is quite thin, so it applies easily without tugging. Overall I'm not a huge fan though.

To treat acne, I will always apply a mix of organic tea tree oil and lavender oil (I use the Desert Essence Mix) , and jojoba to my scars and active blemishes. Then, a few hours later, I will spot treat with my Oh Sudz Drying TreatmentOrganic Tea Tree/Lavender Oil, or the Osmia Spot Treatment, which I've recently been trying again.

Have you tried any of these products? Will you pick any up?






3 comments:

  1. Wow, you use a lot of products, nonetheless, very informative and in depth! thanks for sharing, love the blog :)

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i have very mild seborrheic dermatitis which is not even visible that much, but when I apply foundation or bb cream it tends to get stuck in the dry scaly skin. And gives a very dry flaky look. Can you please tell me how to apply foundation without it making the dry skin prominent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! What cheap skincare products do you recommend for people with Seborrheic Dermatitis?

    ReplyDelete