Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Foundation Routine/The All Natural Face's Cream/Liquid Foundations

First, some links!
Products Used in the video:


The All Natural Face's Cream/Liquid Foundations
**I DO use the powder foundation (in the same shade - Porcelain Kissed By Honey) as a spot concealer after I set my foundation with the Sobe Botanicals powder foundation. I personally don't like using a mineral powder foundation alone with nothing else under my skin as it can make me look super dry. 


1 oz for $13.80


Site Claims:


"This formula rocks. The special ingredients in this formula are Organic Jojoba Oil and Squalane Oil, both are wonderful for your face and skin.  Squalane is a known wrinkle fighter.  There is also glycerin in the formula to help protect your face from the environment and control oil and dryness at the same time. You will get wonderful coverage from this foundation as well. Available in all 51 shades of my foundation. Don't know your color?  Try a sampler and get the perfect color in powder.  No more "just close enough " Get the perfect match!  We do not offer samplers in the liquid foundation."

My thoughts: The formulation is very thin - I would consider a very light coverage foundation, but more so a tinted moisturizer without being a moisturizer (if that makes sense).

I used to really like this foundation, but the formula hasn't worked on my skin type lately. I used it a lot in the spring of last year, but now my skin is drier (less acne though!) and no matter how I apply it, it usually looks dry and cakey. Applying it with a kabuki brush leaves streaks, and the beauty blender doesn't give much coverage for me - when I used it I applied it with my fingers!

I think it would be great for people with normal to oily skin (more on the oily side). It does have some preservatives, as all liquid products need, but these ingredients are MUCH better than the ingredients of drugstore foundations.
Rating: 2/5
Slightly blended

Ingredients: purified water, glycerin, mica, oxides, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide(sunscreens), organic jojoba oil, squalane oil,boron nitride(mineral),Ceteareth-6 Olivate(olive based emulsifier), xanthan gum(co-emulsifier),cosmocial cq (preservative) potassium sorbate(food grade preservative)
















10g for $6.50
20g for $12.45
Get Ready With Me video (Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki)
Review/Demo (SOHO Beauty Blender)


Site Claims:


A lot of folks have asked and we listened. The other formula was dense and had dense coverage. With the new formula you won't lose any of the coverage but the application is much creamier and feels just wonderful! Now you can get your foundation color in a great cream pot! Offered in every color of foundation. Incredibly easy to travel with, fits in your purse or pocket! Never leave home without it!This pot has replaced the stick. The pot makes for easier application and the formula is now a little creamier. Comes in a 10 gram pot or a 20 gram pot. Each pot also has a puff for application. The foundation can be used as a concelaear or as a foundation. You get fantastic coverage with this formula!
My thoughts: I've used this same product as a concealer alone (not all over the face) for about 3 years now. It matches my skin perfectly (Porcelain Kissed By Warm Honey - the neutral porcelain, not too pink or too yellow). 

I love the consistency, and it's creamy and moisturizing. The ingredients are fantastic and there are no preservatives. With a brush, I do still get a bit of a cakey look (keep in my my skin is dry). 

The way I apply it as you can see in my review: a few sprays of my George's aloe before I scoop out the cream (as shown in the photo to the right, although I usually use more), warm it between my fingers, dot it on my face, another two sprays, and start blending with my wet beauty blender from SOHO. The cream is quite thick to only use a dotting motion with the beauty blender, so I do have to drag it a bit. 

EDIT: I used the tiniest bit this morning and applied it with my hands to act as a "tinted moisturizer" almost. Still great coverage, leaves your hands OILY so if you apply with your fingers, be prepared! Let a great finish too. 

It gives medium coverage, the perfect amount of coverage without looking like a mask, in my opinion. It looks so natural! I do have to go back with a brush to add just a bit more to my acne hyperpigmentation though. 

*One of the reasons I love using this foundation is that it's FAST to apply. I don't need to use any effort to blend it in at all. Applying it is faster than when I used a small brush and went over my hyperpigmentation and acne individually over and over to get the coverage I want.
Rating: 4.75/5
Ingredients: organic jojoba oil, organic argan oil,candelillia wax, mica, oxides, tuitanium dioxide and zinc oxide(sunscreens)





7 comments:

  1. Nice review! Can't wait to try the cream foundation. It looks wonderful. Sadly, I have been having major difficulty in finding my shade haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently finishing up a bottle of 100% Pure's foundation. I'm not in love with it and it is quite pricey. Thank you for this review because I will be ordering this foundation when I'm out of the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that the formula contains sunscreens. Do you know whether if the cream foundation has enough sunscreen to be at least spf20?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I have no idea - the percentage of Zinc and Titanium isn't listed and I've never asked Crystal before - I always wear a facial sunscreen under my foundation.

      Delete
  4. Which one would you recommend for a first time foundation user?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the liquid, so definitely the cream.

      Delete
  5. Is this an organic product? I prefer either organic or not mass produced. It is important to follow the proper regimen to have healthy skin but we must never forget to protect ourselves from the sun http://www.skincarecounsel.com/the-effects-of-sun-damage-are-no-day-at-the-beach hyft4h56

    ReplyDelete