Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sample Report: One Love Organics

I bought the One Love Organics Trial Pack a few days after Christmas when I saw that it was only $4.95! It had free shipping when I purchased it, but now I think there is an additional $5.95 shipping. Soon after I also purchased the Elizabeth Dehn for OLO sample kit, so I'll be talking about both! Watch my video here.

The original set comes with 5 items, and the Dehn kit comes with 4. The website says they are single use samples, but both oil samples have lasted me OVER a month of using them once a day. 


Find everything at One Love Organics or Beautysage



Original Kit

Easy Does It Foaming Cleanser
-I decided not to try this one, because I'm not a fan of lathering cleansers and my skin can be so finicky with them. 
Purchase the full size? No.

Brand New Day Microderma Scrub and Masque
-This stuff smells AMAZING. Like Hawaii and pineapples and flowers and sun. This is the new advanced formula, which doesn't have baking soda or milk anymore. I mixed this with honey for a mask, and I left it on for over an hour - got distracted online - and my face was SO soft afterwards. As a scrub, though, I'm not a fan. It was too abrasive for my sensitive skin, and left it irritated.
Purchase the full size?  Possibly - I like it as a mask.

Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm
-Unfortunately I didn't get to try this because I'm almost positive I'm allergic to mango, but I believe this is their #1 product. It can be used as a makeup remover, cleanser, moisturizer, etc! I think that's fantastic for a multi purpose balm. 
Purchase the full size? No.

Morning Glory Brightening Complexion Booster
-I love the texture of both the serums in this set. This is a subtle green color, and it has Raspberry leaf, date extract, peppermint, lemon balm, and more. The real test is when I used something my dermatitis didn't like - my skin flared up - and the next morning this calmed my skin down dramatically. Unfortunately, it doesn't smell great in the bottle, and Aaron said my face smelled like metal when I had it on my face :(. However, I love what it does for my skin.
Purchase the full size? Yes - I've already purchased the $29 discover size

Love Springs Eternal Youth Preservation Serum
-This is the product I used for the most consecutive days in a row. I really, really wanted to love this product because I've heard such great things about it. I think if I were showing more signs of aging (I'm not complaining that I'm not!), this would have made more of a difference for me. I like the scent - it smells like fresh roses - and it applies wonderfully. It is very moisturizing - I was able to just use this and my Episential Cheeky Salve on my dermatitis at night. However, it didn't give me the 'Wow - my skin looks great' look and feeling when I woke up the following morning like the La Bella Figura Barbary Fig Renewal Serum does. I also have a feeling it might be breaking me out. (Downsides of trying multiple products at once - which one is breaking me out?!)
Purchase the full size? No.


Elizabeth Dehn Kit

Vitamin D Active Moisture Mist
-I didn't try this one, because the same size is quite small to tell if it would even do anything, but I suspect this would be great for my dermatitis because it has aloe vera and mushroom extra.
Purchase the full size? Probably Not

Vitamin B Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover
I also didn't try this one because I'm allergic to papaya, but I've heard a LOT of great things, and it smells amazing.
Purchase the full size? No.

Vitamin E Eye Balm
I really love how thick this stuff is. It works well at moisturizing the undereye area, but doesn't do anything for dark circles.
Purchase the full size? Possibly. 

Vitamin C Serum
This is my second favorite product after Morning Glory. I LOVE this stuff, and if I wasn't using the LBF Barbary Fig Renewal Serum, I would be using this. It took care of recent acne scarring and left my face super soft. I talk more about it in my review video.
Purchase the full size? Likely in the future!


Have you tried any of these OLO products? 



1 comment:

  1. I got both sample sets and am working my way through them, too! I loved the cleansing oil so much that I bought the full size, but over time I've actually been less and less impressed--my skin is getting really clogged, so I don't think it's all that effective for me. Pretty sure I need to buy the ED4OLO serum still though :)

    ReplyDelete