Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Brushes + Tips for Mineral Eyeshadow Application/Blending

Today I have a post with my favorite eyeshadow brushes, and a demo on application + blending! (Video can be seen first on my channel)

To begin, I want to express my love for mineral makeup. I LOVE mineral eyeshadows - pressed eyeshadows don't seem special to me at all, to be honest. I love the unique color and inspiration between each shadow. That is why I decided to do media inspired products for my brand Brija Cosmetics.
One thing I wouldn't be without in my eyeshadow application process is a sticky base. The base/primer is the most important step in applying mineral shadow - it holds the loose powder on. My favorite recommended sticky bases are the ANF Diva Sticks and the Brija Cosmetics + Pumpkin & Poppy cream shadows.





Products Used in the Demo Eye Look:

(Salon Perfect 102Demi Lashes)


Favorite "Base" Crease Colors -
4/5 time, I always lay one of these colors down to begin with. 
It starts the look with a guideline.

Silk Naturals Latent - Warm taupe
Pumpkin & Poppy Riviera - Cool, gray taupe
Silk Naturals Cameo - Rose taupe
Brija Cosmetics Reindeer 
- Golden brown that can look cool/gray in the crease


My Favorite Eye Brushes



 Group 1: Blending
Sonia Kashuk (Target) Blending
Sedona Lace 863 - Crease color application

Group 2: Lid Color
Target Eyeshadow Brush
Tjmaxx Small Flat Brush
Coastal Scents BR-C-N02 (Available in synthetic) 

Group 3: Crease Blending
Target Blending Brush
Eco Tools Short Blending Brush


Group 4: Outer Corner/Blending
Crown Brush Pro Blending Flush

Group 5: Select Color
Crown Brush Chisel Shader
Target Eyeshadow Brush
Crown Brush Pointed Blender

Group 6: Above crease color

Group 6: Lashline/Inner Corner


Do you have any similar brushes that you LOVE? 
Make sure to check out the demo video to see the brushes in action!




1 comment:

  1. Eye colour depends to a great extent on the pigmentation of the iris. Normally blue eyes, in addition to the iris pigmentation, are also caused by a factor called the Rayleigh scattering of light that makes the sky appear blue. Low levels of melanin in the iris make it appear dark thereby reflecting shorter wavelengths of light causing the blue color. While eye make-up for all types of eyes is not constant or easy, for people with blue eyes make-up is easy because any contrast color would highlight blue eyes and make them appear beautiful.
    eye shadow tips

    ReplyDelete