Maddy’s Do Over Bars
By Maddy K.
Adapted from Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Yummy Cookbook
HAVE QUESTIONS FOR BETSY? ASK HER!
1 tsp oil (or olive oil spray)
2 1/3 cups flour (we use whole wheat flour, but you may do half and half)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened or ½ cup butter+ ½ cup olive oil
¾ cup white sugar (we use ½ cup maple syrup )
¾ cup brown sugar (we use 1/2 cup honey)
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Use the tsp oil to grease the pan (or spray with olive oil cooking spray)
3. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda with a fork. Set aside
4. Cream together the butter, oil , honey and maple syrup (or sugars if you prefer). Add the eggs and milk and beat until combined. Mix in the vanilla
5. Add flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix on low until well combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and press dough into 9x12 baking pan.
7. Bake 25-35 minutes. The will be golden brown outside and dry inside. Cut while still warm. Mmmm!