Thursday, November 14, 2013

Homemade Vegan Low Sugar Frosting!


             I've been loving these coconut flour cupcakes for the past few weeks, but I wanted to try some low sugar frosting on them. I couldn't find one I was happy with online, so I went to mixing and came up with this! It's vegan too! 

              It was a little too coconut-strong after I blended everything together without the raspberries, so I added them to add just a little fruity sweetness. Feel free to use any fruit you have! The fruit is the only substantial sugar in the icing. Feel free to add honey or stevia too!



Rough estimates (it's pretty forgiving, so you can mess around with the quantity):

1/4 cup Solid Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Unsweetened, shredded blended coconut (I used my magic bullet - it would probably work with regular!)
1 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 Raspberries (or any fruit you want)

Makes enough for at least 7 cupcakes.


Blend together with a mixer and spoon/pipe on! 
I recommend keeping them in the fridge because coconut oil can melt! 







1 comment: